Saturday, February 09, 2008

What a Gyp

So, I entered another contest on ConceptArt. This one was a bit different, however, in that I actually had a snowball's chance of doing well in it. So, I spent a couple weeks getting a pic together:



Pretty snazzy, huh? I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Problem is, I was struck down by Murphy at the last minute, and computer problems kept me from making the deadline by a few, scant, measly, stinking hours.

So, I'm less than pleased about that, particularly since there were some cool prizes to be had. However at least I got a kickass portfolio piece out of it, one that I may not have had the motivation to complete otherwise.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Mitchell said...

great stuff man your digital painting skill are super!!

February 13, 2008 at 3:41 AM  
Blogger Jono Doiron said...

"Sam-sational"! (Buddy, I got a million of 'em!)

And now in a moment of all seriousness: Good for you for pushing yourself to enter contests and strive for stronger work. In particular, your attention to detail in the scales and fur.

I want to know who was brave enough to put the ring in that dragon's nostrils!

February 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM  
Blogger Curtis Rioux said...

Man, that one couldn't have turned out any better.

Great texture on the scales, works really well even when your not focusing on it.

keep it up man!

June 23, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home